KinderPharm heads to the Joint EFGCP & DIA Better Medicines for Children Conference in Brussels this month.
The EFGCP Children Medicine Working Party in collaboration with DIA and Regulators will take stock of the progress achieved in the pediatric field after ten years of Pediatric Regulation.
This year’s conference focuses on what could be done to optimize children’s access to new medicines.
“Access” can be broadly defined as:
- Inclusion of pediatric patients into clinical trials
- Health authority approval of a new medicine and
- Children’s access to a medicine that has been approved by regulators.
- Keynotes by Francoise Grossetête, Member of the European Parliament, and Andrzej Rys, Director of Health Systems and Products, European Commission
- Interactive breakout sessions for participants to actively engage in identifying innovative solutions to address access issues specific to pediatric subpopulations, such as adolescents, or neonates.
- Q&A session with members of the EMA Paediatric committee (PDCO), moderated by Dr Dirk Mentzer (PDCO chair) will help understand PDCO specific activities and priorities, and address questions from the audience.
- NEW! Poster Session where presenting authors of the winning posters will have the possibility to publish an abstract of their work in “Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science” magazine.
To learn more about the conference, click here.